We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bed Rest - Days 30 & 31

Saturday, 30th

I was able to sleep in today, fortunately. The contractors didn't come today to work, but are coming tomorrow instead (Sunday). So I slept in until 10am. I had plans to go out and get some things today, such as going to Walmart and doing some food shopping, but then I started feeling like sick. I was light-headed, nauseous, and had a lot of pressure down low. So I decided it would be best to stay home, and not risk passing out in public. So on the couch is where I stayed.

I eventually started feeling better, and made my way upstairs to make myself some lunch, since our stove is covered in stuff. I then relaxed a little bit more, and made my way down to the pool. I love being in the pool, because I feel weight-less, and don't feel pregnant. It's amazing what water can do. I spent about an hour in the pool, and it was lovely. Although I didn't go out and do some errands, I did want to do something. So I did a couple of loads of laundry, and washed some dishes.

Sunday, 31st

Today was a busy day! We got up at 8am, and the contractors came to put in half a days work at 9am. They wanted to put a second coat of mud on the walls, install the door knobs, and trim around the doors. Matt and I had plans to go out and get some things, so we left about 10am, and didn't get home until around 4! We went to Burlington Coat Factory (Baby Depot of course!), JC Penny, ate some lunch, and then went to Lowe's to get our paint.

We spent about $100 at BCP, but we got so much stuff! We were originally looking for a Newborn size take-home outfit, but weren't able to find one. But we got a bunch of cute outfits in 6 month sizes, and they were all much cheaper than the original price. We found out that we should have bought most of Cael's clothes there, instead of Babies 'R Us. The discounted prices were much cheaper, and they have all the same things. Oh well, you live and you learn.

We also hit amazing clearance sales at JCP - we got onesies for $2.99 each! How could you resist that!? And we also found our NB take-home outfit...for $4.99! It isn't a 3 piece layette set like I originally wanted, but instead a romper. I ended up asking my friend Lindsay what she brought Liam home in (because I was originally thinking about a onesie set with either shorts or pants), and she said a snap-up onesie, because of his belly button stump. I didn't even think of the stump, so I figured we'd get a romper-type outfit as well.

We got our border in mail on Friday, so we were hoping to match a blue and brown from the border. Fortunately, for us, we were able to find an almost SPOT-ON matching brown and blue. We're just hoping it still matches when it's on the walls. We should be able to paint at least Cael's nursery on Tuesday - I'm so excited!

The contractors will be back tomorrow to apply the 3rd coat of mud, sand, install door knobs, install the trimming and molding around all the doors, and install the base molding in Cael's room. When we got home from our outing today, only the 2nd coat of mud was applied, and the exterior doors were sealed. I'm sure it took them longer to mud than they thought. So hopefully tomorrow, everything will be done! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment