We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bed Rest - Day 14; And An Appointment Update

Everything went well at my appointment today. I already got the results of my FFN test..and it was NEGATIVE! So that is good news. But let me tell you, the speculum and swabbing hurt really bad. Maybe because Matt and I haven't been able to have sex for a while. I'm still on modified bed rest, which I expected.

My midwife brought up a recent study of how Progesterone shots may hold off pre-term labor, so she suggested starting them as soon as possible. I had to order the Progesterone over the phone through an outside pharmacy, and when it gets delivered to me (Monday the latest), I bring it in to my office and they administer the shot.

The progesterone (enough for 10 injections) cost me $126 plus shipping, but I'll get reimbursement forms with it, so I can submit it to my insurance company. So hopefully they'll reimburse me for it. I'm guessing I'll get one shot a week until I reach 36 weeks. At that point, my MW said they'll let me be, and if he comes, that's fine at that point. My next appointment is next Friday, in which they'll do a cervical ultrasound to check the length.

Being out since 9:30 this morning, and just getting home at around 4pm caused me to start having contractions regularly, so I just had to take a Brethine pill to stop them. Luckily, it worked, and I haven't had a contraction in some time now. I am now on the couch resting, where I will be for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

I did get my first "Wow, you're going to have a big baby" comment today. We went out to get some food after my appointment, and our waitress asked me how much longer I had to go. I told her two months left, to which she replied the previously quoted statement. I thought to myself, "Do I really look that big??" I asked Matt, and he said that he's told me recently that I'm getting big. Well gosh, that didn't do much to help my self-esteem. But that's ok. I didn't bother explaining to her that Cael will probably be here sooner than 2 months :).

:::Keep baking Cael. Just a few more weeks longer!:::

No comments:

Post a Comment