We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, July 18, 2011

Bed Rest - Days 16, 17 & 18

Saturday was a pretty good day. However, I didn't get much sleep at all the night before. I was up every hour pretty much, just uncomfortable. And Matt's snoring didn't help either. It was also a very emotional day for some reason - I just couldn't stop crying for whatever reason. I was in bed at about 10pm Friday night, but pretty much cried myself to sleep. And poor Matt couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

Saturday was also a very exciting day. At about 5am Saturday morning, I get a text from my best friend Lindsay that she was on her way to the hospital. Her water broke at about 4:30am. I was so excited, and then couldn't sleep much after that. I finally fell back asleep at about 7am, when Matt was on his way to work, and was up at 9 am.

At the same time, Matt's sister-in-law, also Lindsey, was also at the hospital at 6am for her induction. So we had two people we know and are close with in labor at the same time. It was pretty crazy and exciting. Matt was at work, so I was in charge of updating him. Long story short, Lindsay was ready to push at around 6pm, and Liam was born at 7:19pm, weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces. The other Lindsey, however, wasn't as lucky with a quick labor. She ended up in labor for about 22 hours or so, and needed a C-Section. Briley was born at 5:14am, weighing 8 pounds 13 ounces. They are both so adorable, and I cried when I saw pictures (darn hormones).

Sunday was pretty much just as exciting, but not nearly as relaxing for me. We were supposed to have our Birthing Center Tour at 4pm, but Matt and I just didn't feel like driving the hour and 15 minutes one way. We just didn't. So I called and rescheduled it to August 11th. Let's hope Cael isn't here by then!

So we spent the day together, pretty much out of the house. We went to the hospital to visit Lindsey, Brian and Briley. She is just so adorable, and so tiny! Surprisingly though, I was so nervous to hold and handle her. I didn't want to drop or hurt her. But holding and seeing her made me so excited and anxious to have Cael in my arms.

When we left the hospital, we made a plan to go to Babies 'R' Us. I think some of my anxiety came from not having everything we needed for Cael (despite not having a nursery to set everything up in). We got a lot of great and awesome stuff at my shower, but surprisingly, we didn't get a lot of the "little" stuff we needed in the nursery. We didn't get crib sheets, a changing pad, changing pad cover, plain white onesies, socks, mittens, hamper, Dreft detergent etc. So I had a slew of coupons, and a bunch of gift cards from our shower, and we headed to BRU to get what we needed. After coupons, we spent about $250 - $50 of which was out of pocket. Not bad for the cart full of stuff we bought. We then headed to Target (which I also had gift cards for) so that I could get my breast pump. After getting white onesies, socks, mittens and my breast pump, we only spent $1.76 after gift cards. Not too bad. And I felt a lot better after getting everything.

Monday (today) is going to be a much more relaxing day. Meaning, I'm not going to go out anywhere. I need to relax after yesterday. However, since we now have Dreft, I plan on going through all of the clothes we have for Cael (while on the couch), and sorting them. I'm also going to wash some of the newborn and 0-3m clothes we got. We got Space Saver bags yesterday so I could do just that. Matt knows I'm going crazy not being able nest because we don't have a nursery yet. So it was his idea to get the SS bags, so that I could do something. Plus, how can you not have fun sorting through baby clothes!?

Speaking of construction, the contractor said that he would start the last week of July. That's quickly approaching, and we haven't heard anything from the contractor. Matt figures that he would show up, and just tell Matt when he would start - probably within a week. So if Matt doesn't hear anything by the 25th - next Monday - then he'll contact him. He doesn't want to contact him ahead of that, because the contractor is actually doing us a favor. He has a waiting list about a year long, and the only reason he's doing this for us "so soon" is because he's friends with Jeff, who Matt works with.

I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable. It's getting harder and harder to move, roll over in bed, get off the couch, get in and out of vehicles..should I go on? And I'm only 33 weeks. I still have several weeks to go, and a lot more to grow. I can't imagine. I'll just have to take it day by day. I'm still having contractions, but not nearly as many or as frequently, as I was having in weeks past. So that's a good thing. We'll have to see on Friday how my cervix looks.

:::I love you much already:::

No comments:

Post a Comment