We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bed Rest - Day 3

Today marks day 3 of my bed rest. I figured I'd start by sharing the ultrasound photos that we got of Cael on Thursday during our ultrasound. Here's his face and profile - he's such a handsome little man!
Last night was a rough one. I woke up at around 3:15am this morning with contractions. They didn't feel like simple Braxton Hicks though. They felt like the ones I was having in L&D that were 3 minutes apart on Thursday. They started in my lower back, and then reached around to the front of my abdomen and uterus, where it got tight and very uncomfortable. At that point, it had been several hours since I needed to take a Brethine. So I decided to wait a couple of minutes to see if they would keep coming, or if it was just one contraction. Well, they did keep coming - about 4-5 minutes apart. I reached over, grabbed a Brethine, and waited for it to kick in. It didn't take long, but I continued to have about 3 more contractions until everything finally calmed down.

At this point, I was pretty much sitting up in bed, unable to get comfortable. Matt woke up, and I told him I was having contractions about 4 minutes apart, and he got upset that I waited so long to take a Brethine. Maybe it was a dumb idea to wait and see if they were consistent, but I guess I needed to know for some strange reason.

At the same time I was having contractions, there was an amazing thunder and lightning storm going on outside. The first good one in a long time. Hopefully, there will be another storm during the day that Matt and I can go outside on the porch and watch. We love big storms like that.

:::Please stay in a little longer, Baby Cael:::

No comments:

Post a Comment