We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Friday, July 8, 2011

Bed Rest - Day 8; And It Continues

My appointment went well. My cervix is holding strong at 2 cm long (it did get down to 1.7 cm during a contraction), and it's closed and NOT funneling, which is great. I'm still getting occasional, inconsistent contractions, and needed to take my Brethine last night due to some consistent contractions. Due to this, and the stress of my work and work load (plus the 1.25 hour drive one way to work on bumpy back roads) possibly being a catalyst for pre-term labor and delivery, my midwife thought it was best to just put me on disability now.

I now have to go in for weekly appointments to stay monitored, which is fine with me. They are going to alternate between cervical ultrasound checks and the fetal fibronectin test. So Thursday at my next appointment, they will do a FFN, and the week after an ultrasound, and so on..unless, of course, something changes during that time frame. There was even talk of another round of steroid shots for Cael's lungs, but we'll talk about that at my next appointment.

Basically, my midwife said that because of my short cervix, I'm at an increased risk for pre-term labor and delivery, and they want to get me to at least 35 weeks. However, they did tell me about a patient whose cervix measured .8 cm at 30 weeks, and it ended up staying that way until 41 weeks, when she had to be induced! I guess it just goes to show that you never know, and pregnancy is just so unpredictable.

I'm feeling better about being taken out of work. Almost relieved, because I know it's the right thing for Cael. I have my disability paperwork from HR to fill out, so I have to get that in as soon as possible. Today was my 8th day out of work, so technically today is the day I start disability. I'm still on modified bed rest until further notice. So that means still no vacuuming, laundry, dishes, etc. Also NO SEX or orgasms either! Sheesh :( I can get up to shower, use the bathroom, get some food, and make quick trips out occasionally if needed. It's not strict bed rest, but hopefully me staying rested does the trick.

Some info from my appointment today:
  • Cael's heart rate ranged from 140 bpm to 158 bpm :)
  • He has hair on his head, that we saw on the ultrasound in the form of "speckles".
  • He weighs approximately 4 pounds 4 ounces, and is in the 63rd percentile.
  • I'm still on the Cipro for the vaginal infection, even though I continue to have no symptoms what-so-ever (weird..)
  • I've lost 2 pounds, making my current weight 137.
I think that's all for now. Here is Tyson and I "bed resting" it up. And Cael from our ultrasound today, giving the "Thumbs Up". I'm so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment