We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, August 20, 2011

38 Weeks!!

How far along?: 38 weeks, and still cooking!
Current Weight: 147
Total weight gain: +24 from pre-pregnancy weight.
How big is baby?: Watermelon! Estimated 7 pounds 5 ounces yesterday.
Movement: All.The.Time. He loves pushing his feet and butt out.
Stretch marks?: No change from last week. Some small ones on both hips, but none on the belly - except for my belly button.
Sleep?: Still horrible. My midwife said I could start taking Unisom to get some sleep. She says I should get as much sleep as I can now, so that when I go back into labor, I'm well rested.
Symptoms?: Same ol' - Heartburn has returned with a vengeance! Lots of BH's, some painful contractions, an increase in vaginal discharge, hip/pelvic pain and achiness, sharp lower twinges, and sore breasts and nipples.
Food aversions?: Not currently.
Food cravings?: Hamburgers, cheese, pizza, pasta..Nothing different.
Labor signs?: Cael's head is still really low; I'm now 1-2cm dilated and 70% effaced. Still getting some BH's and cramping. Also, I don't know if it's a labor sign or not, but I've been very gassy, and have had a couple bouts of diarrhea.
Belly button in or out?: It pokes out a wee bit.
What I miss: Bending over, moving easily, deep breaths in, and seeing the skin below my belly button line.
What I'm looking forward to: Going into labor, actually. I feel like I'm reaching the end of my pregnancy rope. I just feel so done.
Best Moment this week: Seeing Cael yesterday on ultrasound. A coworker scanned me after my appointment. I feel so fortunate to work in the field I do, because I was able to see him again. And considering how low in my pelvis Cael's head is, she got some pretty decent ultrasound pictures of his face.
Milestone: Being 38 weeks. I would love for him to come now, but I know the closer to my due date I get, the better it is for Cael.

No comments:

Post a Comment