We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peas And Carrots!

So far, I love making my own baby food. It's super easy with the Baby Brezza. We're still only giving him 1 tbsp a night, just to get him acclimated with the tastes and textures. But it's been so much fun so far. Last night was day 5 of carrots, so tonight we will be trying sweet peas. I bought frozen ones, and unfortunately, they aren't organic. I'd like to keep it organic for his food, at least for the first year or so. But I needed them, so I just got them. This was at Walmart. I'll have to check the other food stores around here. They didn't have fresh peas (assuming they're not in season), and I was told frozen were just as good and nutritious.

With just 2 cups of frozen peas (still have half a bag left to make), I got 11 frozen cubes. I also made the rest of the carrots yesterday as well, so that they wouldn't go bad. It'll probably be a while before we do carrots again, so I froze them into cubes as well.

Instead of keeping them in the storage containers I bought, or the ice cube tray, I popped them out, and put them into labeled freezer bags to save room in my freezer. After trying the ice cube tray yesterday, and the storage containers for the past week, I am favoring the ice cube trays more. They're much easier, especially when popping out. However, the storage containers will come in very handy when we have to go out, or if we're leaving him with someone who needs to feed him.

The first 2 days with carrots, Cael hated them. But after those 2 days, he never really made a face, and didn't choke them down anymore. I'm excited to see how he reacts to peas tonight. Matt wanted to do peas next, because he loves peas..lol. I'm not sure what we're going to try next. Probably another vegetable. My best guess would be a type of squash. It's funny to think that at one point, I was really upset about Cael starting on solids. But now, I'm super excited, and can't wait to see what he likes and what he doesn't like.

Update (10pm)

So tonight's first attempt at feeding Cael sweet peas was a total success. He really seemed to like them. I had Matt recording his first tastes on my camera phone, fully expecting him to make gagging noises again. But he didn't! He did this weird neck stretch thing, which Matt said looked like he was trying to force them down. But he didn't make any real funny faces, and didn't spit them out. He seemed to enjoy them. They looked horrible, and I didn't really like the taste. But I'm not a baby. We'll see how attempt number 2 goes tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment