We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Friday, March 16, 2012

Carrots!

After some thought, Matt and I decided that we wanted to start to (slowly) introduce Cael to veggies; keeping in mind nursing is the number one priority. We started yesterday with a tablespoon of carrots. Initially, Cael seemed to enjoy them. However, that suddenly changed after half a tbsp. He started making pucker faces, coughing and actually gagging, like we were poisoning him. I tried the carrots before he did (we're making our own baby food), and they were not sour or tart. I just couldn't believe his expressions. They were hysterical, and Matt and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He got them again today, and he was still not a fan. Except this time, he didn't even want to finish the whole tbsp.

I love this new chapter in Cael's life. Whereas last month, I was in denial that Cael would be getting solids, and that he was growing up so fast, I'm now embracing and enjoying it. Now we only have to find a veggie he enjoys.




No comments:

Post a Comment