We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, March 11, 2012

27 Weeks Old & A Parade To Boot!

We go to Cael's 6 month appointment this week on Thursday. I'm really anxious to see how much he weighs now. I'm also excited to get find out which foods are best to start him on. We'll probably go out after his appointment and pick up the Baby Brezza, so that I can make his baby food. I'm really excited to see how he does with the different flavors. He loves his cereal, so I hope he likes other solids just as much. I'm convinced he will love food, based on how he eats his cereal AND how much he loves the teething biscuits. He loves the biscuits!

I also love how he is finally growing hair! It's so obvious over the week how quickly his hair has grown in. Matt noticed it in the Facebook pictures. I love how he has a fuzzy head now. You can actually see the cowlick on the back of his head. You can see his hair in the picture below from the parade.

Today was the Rocky Point/Miller Place St. Patrick's Day parade on Long Island. I was so excited that we would be down to go to it, because the one by us is overrun with a bunch of drunk people, and not really kid-friendly or kid-safe. It was sunny, but windy, so there was a little chill in the air. But the sun made the temperature much more tolerable. Cael was really well behaved, and really enjoyed (or seemed to enjoy) watching everything pass by.

However, he cried hysterically when the fire engines and ambulances wailed their horns and sirens. It hurt our ears, so I can only imagine how it must have hurt his. I tightly covered his ears with my hands, but it probably still bothered him. I took him away from the street when the next two towns'emergency vehicles went by. At one point, my mom took Cael away from the street and told me and my sister to go enjoy the parade. Not even 1 minute after we left, a bunch of high school students got into a fight. There was a girl-girl fight, in which a girl got hit over the head with a glass beer bottle and a rock; and a boy-boy fight, where punches were flying. The girl was taken away in an ambulance. My mom said she ran and got a police officer to control the mob of teenagers, and then hightailed out of there because of Cael.

I couldn't believe how much the attitudes of all the teenagers changed. And what the girls were wearing, even though it was cold out! They were everywhere, and honestly, most of the teenage girls looked older than me. I remember having a ton of fun at the parade in high school, and there weren't any fights (at least I don't think there were any fights). Or fights bad enough to warrant an ambulance ride. Times have definitely changed, as have the younger crowd. It's very sad, and it makes me think and worry about Cael's future. I really hope he doesn't turn out to be one of these hoodlums who gets in trouble or disrespects people. Because most of these teens seemed very disrespectful - especially when they were just loitering around in the middle of the parking lot, and not moving when I was trying to drive. Oi veh. But it was fun to go with Cael, and experience his first parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment