We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, March 19, 2012

28 Weeks Old!! We Have A TOOTH! For Real This Time..

For real this time! I can't believe it. My little man has a little tooth coming through. I noticed it for the first time today, and Cael turned 28 weeks old today (or, this month, he's 6 months and 2 weeks old). You can see it under the gums, it looks like a clearish white area. And then when I rub my finger along his gums, you can definitely feel it! I always told Cael that he can wait until he's 9 months old to cut a tooth, but 6 months works too. There are moms I know that have had babies cut a tooth at 3 or 4 months old. So I'm happy Cael's body waited until 6.5 months. My nipples are still terrified, but I've heard that if he has a good latch, then it's unlikely he'll bite me.
Cael is almost to the point of crawling. He easily gets onto his hands and knees, and now has rocking forward and back completely accomplished. Matt said this morning that he actually tried to crawl forward in the crib. But his sleep sack tripped him, and he face planted into the mattress. But he said that he could definitely see the bulge of his knee coming forward through the sleep sack. He's getting so close! Matt was afraid to tell me because he didn't want me to get upset that I missed it. But I told him that I didn't mind, that at least one of us saw it first. I see a lot of Cael's first through the day, so I'm happy he got to see something.

We also have recently tried to get Cael to drink some water from a cup with a straw. However, he can't quite grasp the idea of sucking from a straw, which is skinnier than a nipple. I've heard that going to a sippy cup first can interfere with speech and oral development, so I wanted to skip it. But it seems like it would be a while before he'd figure out the straw, so I went and got a sippy cup. But it's not like the old-school sippy cups. It has a silicone sippy area, instead of a hard mouth piece (if that makes sense). He actually figured out how to get some water out of it yesterday, but I needed to tip it up for him. He still needs to figure that part out.

Some of Cael's likes:
  • Carrots (the first 2 days he hated them, but now he doesn't make any faces when he eats them)
  • The Fresh Beat Band on Nick Jr. Whenever one of their songs comes on the tv, his eyes become immediately locked on the tv.
  • Yo Gabba Gabba. Nick Jr changed the format of their channel for the worse, so Yo Gabba Gabba is only on at midnight - real good for pre-schoolers and younger children, because they're up at that time to watch tv.
  • Being outside! The weather has been beu-ti-full the last 5 days, so we've been outside everyday so far. He loves walks in the stroller. He also likes to take naps in the stroller.
  • Playnest. Still a favorite like of his.
  • Sleeping on his belly.
Some of Cael's dislikes:
  • Sitting still! This kid needs to constantly.move.around. He can't do the same thing, or stay in the same place for more than 10 minutes.
  • Being changed and dressed after his bath. He always seems to cry, scream and wiggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment