We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Miracle

My son is currently sleeping in his crib! Yup, you heard me right. Sleeping in his crib. And the best part? He put himself to sleep. I tucked him in really well, including his hands, played the mobile, gave him the paci, and within 10 minutes, he was out. That was 20 minutes ago. I honestly have no idea what to do with myself. It was suggested by a friend to just sit, and have a cup of coffee. So I'm sitting on the couch, listening to Tyson snoring on the ground, and drinking some tea. I can't do dishes, because the kitchen is right next to his room, and I know any banging noise will wake him up. So that can wait until later. Maybe I'll go upstairs, and see if they want to watch him for a little while after he wakes up and I feed him. This way I can do laundry (first load of soiled diapers), dishes and vacuum. But I really need this time right now, because I have a splitting headache, and I know I wouldn't do well with high-pitched squeals. And I'm not sure what I can take for it, so I took 2 regular strength Tylenol.

What makes this even more a miracle, is that we slept until 11:10 this morning! He got up at 7:30, ate, and didn't fall back to sleep until 8:45, and then ate again at 10 and 11, but fell back to sleep after the 10 o'clock feeding. I feel very rested, but this headache is putting a damper on it. But I can't believe he's sleeping again after sleeping for 14 hours. But it makes this mommy very happy. I'm trying to fight the urge to go in and check on him, to make sure he's quiet because he's asleep, and not something else. But I'm fighting it, and I'm sure he's fine.

So after washing the cloth diapers last night, I decided to test them overnight, instead of waiting until today to try them. It was a success! No leaks at all. Although, he had a hard time while he was eating last night. He kept coming off my nipple every 5 seconds and screaming like he was in pain. I thought maybe the diaper was possibly bothering him, or pinching him, so I went into the bedroom, unswaddled, and undressed him. I couldn't find any reason that he would be bothered by the diaper, but it was already soaked. So instead of letting him sit in it, I changed him.

I originally put him in the Best Bottom diaper after his bath, but I don't think I'm too fond of it. It has this elastic, cinched part in the front of the diaper, and because it's cinched, it pulls down low on his belly. The diaper just doesn't seem to fit him well. So when I changed him, I put him in the Flip diaper. I think it fits him much better. The only thing I don't like, is that with the Flip diaper, the inserts don't snap in, but just lay in the cover. So when Cael is squirmy, it makes it difficult to get the diaper on him while keeping the insert in place. But I'm sure with time and plenty of more diaper changes, I'll get more used to it, and will be changing diapers like a champ.

And now, after 30 minutes of Cael sleeping, I just heard him on the monitor. I think he may be waking up. Thirty minutes isn't that great of a nap, but it's a very good start considering he fell asleep on his own. It gave me some me time, and allowed me to just relax and clear my head. He only made a noise once, but I'm sure he'll be up soon. Good job, Cael! I'm so proud that you fell asleep in your crib, and not on me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment