We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, December 18, 2011

15 Weeks Old!

After several days of improvement, Cael has gone back to his fussy self. We've been on Long Island visiting family since Thursday, and we'll be leaving on Tuesday. This is our "holiday" time here, since we won't be coming down at Christmas. Yesterday and today, Cael was a wreck. We visited my best friend Lindsay and her son Liam yesterday at her parent's house, and he cried for most of the time, fighting sleep. He did the same thing today, while we were at my older brother's house. He gets really cranky, because of either gas or other reasons, and then gets overtired, and fights going to sleep. On the way home from my brother's, he screamed in the car for 45 minutes out of the hour long car ride. I wanted to jump out of my car. At least he took a quick, 15 minute nap this evening while we were eating our late Thanksgiving dinner at my brothers. I can't remember the last time I ate a meal without holding Cael, or listening to him scream. It was really nice.

I can't believe how big Liam got! He's 7 weeks older than Cael, and they said he weighs close to 20 pounds! He's in the 95th percentile for height and weight, and he's a beast (I mean that in the most loving way possible). The pictures we got of him and Cael next to each other are great. Cael was screaming (of course), which set Liam off as soon as we put him next to Cael. So basically, every picture we have of them together, they're both crying. It's adorable though.

I weighed Cael yesterday, the 17th (14 weeks 6 days) on mom's digital scale, and it says he weighs 13.8 pounds, which is equivalent to 13 pounds 12.8 ounces. According to the app I have, that puts him in the 25th percentile. I'm assuming his growth is slowing, but I was waiting for that plateau to occur - which I think happens with all breastfed babies at some point.

Cael is also able to sit now assisted. As long as you let him hold onto your fingers, he can hold himself in the sitting position. I'm not ready for that, but it's coming whether I'm ready or not. He's just developing so quickly, and it's flying by before my very eyes. It makes me want another one. Wait, I just slapped myself for saying that. I'm 99% certain Cael will be an only child, and I'm ok with that. This whole parenting/rearing thing is a lot to deal with. I would never trade it for anything, and I feel really thankful that I have Cael, but I'm not sure I want to go through it again. And I know Matt is done with kids. So unless he has a change of heart at any point, we're one and done.

It was so nice to see my older brother, sister-in-law, and nephews today. I haven't seen them since my shower at 28 weeks pregnant, and even then, I only saw my sil. I didn't see my brother or nephews. I am in utter shock as to how big they got. My youngest nephew, J, is going to be 3 in February. It just flew by in the blink of an eye. I missed most of him growing up, and I'm upset about that. He's a complete little person, and can speak in perfect sentences. The last time I saw him, which now that I think of it, was last Christmas, he was barely speaking at all. And B, my other nephew, is just getting so big! He'll be 6 in April. He's in kindergarten, and is turning into quite the young man. He's so dramatic when he tells stories (especially about his nut allergy), and I love when he says "Aunt Joanne, Aunt Joanne!!" It melts my heart. My third nephew, A (not blood related) is also getting big. He's doing good in school, and is always so excited about everything. And not to mention very polite.

My younger brother R came as well, which was really nice to have us all together. I wanted to get a good picture of us all, since we're all who's left on my dad's side. Brothers, sister, nephews, aunt, uncles and cousins. I absolutely adore it. And I'm the only girl out of us, so it makes me feel special :) Cael cried most of the time there, but it was so nice to have my brother, sil and nephews meet him for the first time ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment