We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And So The Journey Begins

So today, I called my ob/gyn with a slew of questions - half pregnancy related, half not. Long story short, I've been having some problems "down there", consisting of rash, itchiness, etc. So I went in on Monday for a visit, and they did an exam and sent a swab for a culture. I was initially supposed to call today to get those results, but it just so happens that I got my positive pregnancy test this morning too. How convenient. So I called for those results, and to let them know that I got a + hpt, and to get an order for blood work. They finally called me back around lunch time, and I was off to get my blood drawn. The midwife said that if my progesterone was low, they would immediately start me on progesterone suppositories. She also said the initial beta doesn't really mean much, but todays in combination with Friday's beta is what will count. They want to see them double every 48 hours. So I go again Friday and Sunday.

So I got a call around 5pm today from a midwife at the office with my results. I'm so happy that I didn't have to wait until tomorrow for my results. My progesterone looks good at 28.1, so I don't need suppositories; and my hcg is 43. What's going to matter is Friday's number - I'm seriously hoping that it doubles by Friday. The midwife also said that if they are doubled within the 3 times I have my blood tested, then they won't need to do any more blood work. I will then go in for an ultrasound around the first week of January (I will be around 6 weeks then) to check for a heartbeat. If there's a heart beat, then I definitely don't need anymore blood work done. Hopefully, they will still continue to monitor me until I'm done with my first trimester. It's going to be a long next couple of months, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

A wonderful lady from the TTCAL board, Noah-Bear (click for her etsy shop), was generous enough to make hand-stamped washer ornaments for the ladies on the board for Christmas. I got mine in the mail today, and I absolutely love it. I immediately put it on our tree. She also was looking for someone to make a cuff bracelet for, so she made one for me. It's also hand-stamped, and says "in memory of our johnny appleseed 9.3.10". It came out perfect. I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow. I am so thrilled that we are pregnant, and now I can say I'm looking forward to 2011.






No comments:

Post a Comment