We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Friday, February 11, 2011

Are You Sure You Took Enough Blood??

I knew when I went for my prenatal blood work that they would take maybe 5-6 vials. But 7? Yes, they took 7 vials of blood. The phlebotomists was awesome though, and it didn't hurt at all. She used a special butterfly needle with a catheter attached so that the needle in my arm didn't wiggle around everytime she changed vials. It was pretty pain-free and simple, if I do say so myself. I also had to pee in a cup. From what I got, they're checking my thyroid, glucose, cultures (urine), HIV screening (had to consent to that), and doing a prenatal panel (which includes Hep B, surface antigens, blood typing, etc). A whole work up. That's good though, I was more than willing to give up all my blood for my baby. It's a small price to pay. I'll have to go for more blood work in a week and a half when we go for our first trimester screen. That one I'm a little more nervous about, but not too anxious. I *know* everything will be ok with this baby.

I'm on day 3 of taking Zofran, and that means I've been puke-free and nausea-free for 3 whole days! I have my appetite back, and am actually craving food. I keep saying I'm going to gain 10 pounds back this week. I need to start eating better, but when you haven't eaten real food for 4 weeks, you want to ingest everything and anything that sounds good. Even whole boxes of Velveeta Mac&Cheese :).

I can't remember if I stated this in a previous post or not, but we go for our NT ultrasound on Monday the 21st (along with the screening bloodwork). I'm so excited for this scan, yet just a touch anxious. I'm really hoping this little prune inside me is as healthy as an ox, and doesn't have any chromosomal problems. That's our main concern. Seeing baby again is just an added bonus, in our eyes. I also had to reschedule the appointment with the daycare to Tuesday the 22nd. Matt won't be coming to that, but that's ok. He'll be there that Monday for the ultrasound.

Tomorrow I'll be 11 weeks. I can't believe it - just 2 weeks shy of my 2nd trimester. As much as it feels like it's taken forever to get to this point, the time is definitely flying by! I think changing weeks on Saturdays helps the time fly by, because you wish for Saturday to come anyway :)

:::Keep growing, little Prune. Tomorrow you're a Lime!:::

No comments:

Post a Comment