We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, February 5, 2011

10 Weeks Today!

So today I'm 10 weeks pregnant! That sounds so good to say, let me tell you. Our first official OB appointment on Thursday went more than well. It was a wonderful appointment. We got a "goodie bag" filled with a pregnancy planner (which is awesome), book about pregnancy, pamphlets about screening tests, and a prescription for a pre-natal vitamin that apparently every patient loves. The nurse took my weight, I peed in a cup (I was told that I had blood in my urine, but I'm not too excited about that since I think everyone has some blood in their urine), and asked some questions about my miscarriage in September. Then the midwife came in, whom I absolutely love. She answered any questions I had, gave me some information, then poked around my belly to see if she'd be able to hear the heart beat. She said "let's give this a whirl" as she pulled out the Doppler, and I waited. Lo and behold, it only took her less than, I'd say 20 seconds, and she found the little heartbeat! There it was, going nice and strong at 170 bpm. I started to cry, and she held the speaker right up to my ear. Then she asked if we had anything that recorded so that we could record the heartbeat. I was shocked she asked this (I never expected it), and Matt pulled out my phone, and used took a video of my belly as the heartbeat was going. I will post it on here when I get back home (I'm on Long Island right now until Sunday).

She then did a breast exam, PAP smear and pelvic exam. We talked about the screening ultrasound (Nuchal Translucency ultrasound), and she told me we can do it next week, when I'll be 10 weeks 5 days. It's still within the normal time frame to do the ultrasound, but I was hoping it would be a little later, at like 12 weeks, so that we could see more detail in the face, arms and legs. But I'm not going to complain - I'm glad we're getting it done. Then I have another appointment in 4 weeks with the other midwife (I knew I was going to meet the 2 of them eventually) because my midwife E will be in Florida - lucky duck! I'm so excited things are going smoothly this time around. That heartbeat was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

:::Keep growing bambino. Mommy loves you so much already:::

Edit: Added video of Doppler heart beat. You can hear mine behind the baby's, but the faster one is the baby's :)


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment