We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, February 19, 2011

12 Weeks!

I can't believe that I am 12 weeks today! Only 1 more week before I enter my 2nd trimester. It's totally unreal. And we have less than 2 days before we go for our Nuchal Translucency ultrasound, which is on Monday at 10am. I'll be 12 weeks 2 days. I'm so excited, and I hope that everything looks alright. I'm assuming that I'll also have my blood drawn for the 2nd part of that screening, and won't be getting my results until March 4th - which is our 2nd office visit with the midwife. Geeze, there are a lot of 2's and 2nd's in this post! I was silly for initially thinking I would get my results right after my scan. I should know better than that! We'll at least know during the scan how the baby looks, and know the measurement of the Nuchal thickness.

So I don't have much of a belly yet, which I guess is expected. But when you compare my 5 week baseline photo, you can definitely see a difference. Maybe for my 13 week "belly" shot next Saturday, I'll put both the 5 week and 13 week pictures in. I talked to my mom yesterday, and she said she never had the morning sickness I had. Maybe some nausea, but not to the extent as I did. She also said she believes she didn't start showing (with me - her 1st) until maybe 12 weeks. But she said she couldn't remember, and she was skinnier than me - she weighed 105 lbs. So I guess he belly started to protrude a little, which would have been noticeable. I have a feeling I'll have something to show for this pregnancy maybe (hopefully) around 15 weeks. I'm not as skinny as I was when I was working out (I gained some weight back), but I'm not overweight either. Plus, add in the fact that I'm only 5'1" tall, with a somewhat short torso, so baby has nowhere to go but out. It can't go up yet, because there isn't much torso to work with. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In other news, on the same day that I'm having my ultrasound, my mom is also having a CT guided biopsy done. On her face. She has battled thyroid cancer, and is still going through that battle. She had her thyroid removed about 4 years ago, had the radiation therapy for it, and is know going through another scare. Basically, her "cancer levels" are elevated again, meaning that there is a good possibility that cancer is developing elsewhere. The problem, though, is that it's most likely on a microscopic level, and not developed into a noticeable mass yet, so they can't do anything about it but keep watching her. Now, she found this lump on her face, kind of deep, right under her cheekbone. She's had CT scans for it, and they don't know what it is. So they have to do a CT guided biopsy on Monday. She won't get her results until March 2nd. I'm just hoping it's something benign, and not some weird cancerous mass. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

:::Keep growing, Sweet Pea. We'll see you on Monday!:::

No comments:

Post a Comment