We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ah!! 23 Weeks!

Time is just flying by! I can't get over how fast it's going by, and I feel like we have so much left to do. We still haven't started on the apartment renovations, which is kind of worrying me. But according to Matt, everything will work out, and it will all be done by the time Cael gets here. We went from wanting to have a contractor do the work, to having Matt do the work, back to the contractor, then to Matt doing it, and now we're currently waiting for the contractor to come by when he's done with another job. He's going to give us an estimate to just put the walls up and install the 2 exterior doors. I'm afraid it's going to be too much money for that work, but Matt says we can take out a small loan. I understand he wants the work done correctly, as do I. But I just don't think we can do that right now, especially having to prepare for Cael's arrival. ::sigh:: I guess it will all work out in the end.

On another note, we've been slowly buying some clothes for Cael. They're all so cute! And I've bought them all at BRU on sale, which is even better. Today, we're probably going back to BRU because they're having a 20% off sale on all baby furniture. We're going to be looking at cribs, and hopefully buying one today. We'll be using Layaway so that we can pay it off over the next few months. We were originally going to be buying a dresser/changer combo, because we were going to be getting a crib for free from a friend. Well, that fell through yesterday after Matt picked up the crib and it turned out to be a metal drop-side crib. Which, obviously, was recalled. Unfortunately, I cleaned the whole thing before I found out by looking at the manual. Needless to say, I was really disappointed and upset. However, it's probably all for the best. We'll get a safe, up-to-date crib, in a color that we love, that will last for a long time. I'm really excited for today. BRU has been my new favorite store to go to :)

One more thing! Yesterday I bought the Safety 1st Clic It! car seat stroller frame from Safety 1st. I'm so happy I found it, because we really want the Safety 1st onBoard Air35 car seat. But after we spent 2 hours at BRU last weekend, none of the stroller frames they had fit it. And we must have tried a dozen and a half other car seats. None of which we love as much as the Safety 1st. I'm so excited!

Clic It! Universal Infant Car Seat Carrier

How far along?: 23 weeks!
How big is baby?: Size of a papaya (from weeks 21-24); 10.5-11.8 in, 12.7-20.8 oz!
Maternity clothes?: Yup! And loving every minute of it!
Movement: Heck yes! In addition to seeing him kick stronger through my belly, Matt felt him kick for the first time last Sunday! Very exciting!
Stretch marks?: Not yet.
Sleep?: I feel like I can never get enough.
Symptoms?: I haven't thrown up in 5 days! A new record! Leg cramps, heartburn.
Food aversions?: Nothing that I can think of now.
Food cravings?: Still pizza, mac & cheese, pasta
Labor signs?: Nope, thankfully.
Belly button in or out?:Still on its way to becoming even with my stomach!
What I miss: Being able to move around quickly.
What I'm looking forward to: Continuing to feel Cael move and kick stronger each day.
Best Moment this week: Matt being able to feel him kick.
Milestone: Every passing day and week. Today I am pregnant, and I love my Cael.

:::Keep kicking Daddy, Cael.:::

No comments:

Post a Comment