We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, May 21, 2011

25 Weeks!

Another week gone by. Another week closer to meeting Cael. I just have to say that I am so in love with this little guy inside of me. I had no idea the amount of love I could feel for someone who isn't even in this world yet. But I feel him moving and kicking stronger every day. And so does Matt. I'm happy that he can feel him pretty much every night when we're laying on the couch. Matt told me last night, "How can a baby with problems move around and kick this much? He'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with him." I know in my heart that he'll end up being ok, and we're stressing for no reason. But I didn't have the heart to tell Matt that babies with even severe health problems can still move around and kick in the uterus. I didn't want to make it sound worse than I know it is.

Today is also a sad day. My mom had to put Beau, her 7 month old Burmese Mountain dog, to sleep. Long story short, he's been having problems standing and walking the last 2 weeks or so. He went for X-rays yesterday, and it turns out he has the worst case of Hip Dysplasia the vet has ever seen in the 25 years that she's been a vet. He was pretty much born without hip sockets. It's amazing that he was able to move around at all up until this age. But he is a big dog, and grew at an amazing rate. He would have had to undergo a bilateral hip replacement, and knee replacement. And that would be just for now. He's still growing, so he would probably end up needing more surgeries, and be in more pain. Putting him to sleep was the best option for him. It just would have been too much pain for Beau. I obviously was not around him all the time, but Beau did grow attached to me, and didn't leave my side whenever I was down. He would plop himself on my feet and legs, and just want to be pet. I can say that I loved him. And I will miss him greatly.

How far along?: 25 weeks!
Current Weight: 130 on Tuesday.
Total weight gain: +7 from pre-pregnancy weight.
How big is baby?: Size of an eggplant! He weighed 1 pound 10 ounces on Tuesday.
Movement: All the time! And Matt can feel him moving almost every night. It's amazing!
Stretch marks?: Nope! Not yet, anyway.
Sleep?: It's getting better.
Symptoms?: Well, I have officially not thrown up in about 2 weeks! Currently, I've been having a lot of pressure, and I'm more hungry. Also, I find myself out of breath more, and more tired.
Food aversions?: Nothing that I can think of now.
Food cravings?: Mac&Cheese, pasta, and anything with Cheese!
Labor signs?: Nope, thankfully.
Belly button in or out?: It's been around the same the last few weeks. It's almost even with my belly.
What I miss: Moving around easily.
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out everything with Cael's heart and brain is ok - hopefully.
Best Moment this week: Finding out everything was ok on Tuesday, even though I was feeling pretty bad and uncomfortable.
Milestone: Every passing day and week. Today I am pregnant, and I love my Cael.

Here is a video of Cael kicking me from last week. The biggest movement can be seen in the very beginning, so look carefully!



:::Mommy and Daddy love you very much:::

No comments:

Post a Comment