We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, July 29, 2012

47 Weeks Old!

47 weeks old!
The countdown begins! Well, it begun a while ago, but now it's just getting closer, and closer. Five weeks and 2 days until Cael's 1st birthday. Say what!?! And the party planning is coming along. I got a big box of supplies on Wednesday that I ordered on Monday. I love everything! And I'm so happy with the Little Man/Mustache theme we picked. 


Currently, I've finished addressing the invites for the PA party, and now I have to finish writing out the invites for the LI party. For the LI party, I ordered matching invitation from the website, and they're the type you have to fill in the information by hand. Honestly, I should have ordered the fancy invites for the LI party, since there will be more guests invited to that party. Reason being, I could show them off to more people. I'm going to have a lot of custom invites left over, and I'm kind of upset over it. I only addressed 8 envelopes for the PA party, and I ordered 20 invites. That's a lot of waste in my opinion, but it's too late now. What's done is done, and I'll just have to deal. The parties are going to be great either way :). 


Cael has started doing "high fives", and giving kisses when I ask for them. But he'll only give kisses to me (most of the time). And they're open mouth kisses, too, so they're extra sloppy. But I don't mind, because I love my hugs and kisses from my Little Man. 


In other news (not related to me), a mom who was supposed to be a September 2011 mom (I may have posted about it back in June 2011) finally got her take-home baby 2 days ago. She delivered her son, A, sleeping at 26 weeks at the end of June. She's struggled with recurrent pregnancy loss due to clotting issues and some other gene mutations. I don't know how to explain the issues, but she's been through a lot. The death of A was the first major loss in our group, and it rocked us to the core. It affected all of us September 2011 moms, and all our hearts broke for her. 


She got to take-home her beautiful miracle baby girl today. I've been hiding my emotions about it, but I'm so happy and choked up over it. The thought that she finally gets to experience the joys of motherhood makes me cry happy tears. I've been following her blog since A passed away, and I can't even begin to imagine the pain, suffering and turmoil she's dealt with over the past couple of years. I'm just so happy for her and her husband. Their daughter is just beautiful, and she deserves all the happiness in the world. (I'm fighting back tears as I write this).





Playing in the mirror!

Wet from the rain pouring out of the
gutter. He loved it!
Snuggles with Mommy
Cousins playing together
Uh-oh! First taste of ice cream sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment