We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, July 2, 2012

43 Weeks Old!

I'm pretty sure the nursing strike is completely over. He nursed all day yesterday, and all day today. It feels a little "different" than it used to, but it could be because he has 2 new teeth he has to maneuver his tongue around to suck. He does still try to nip and bite me several times during the day, but no where near as hard as he was. I'm so happy he's back to nursing. I really hope to make it to 18 months of breast feeding. I really appreciate and enjoy each nursing session we have from now on, and I don't take it for granted anymore. It is really a wonderful bonding experience, and I love the closeness we share while he nurses.

I checked his mouth again today, and it appears he's working on his upper left lateral incisor. The poor boy can't catch a break. At least he doesn't seem to be in as much pain as he was. He hasn't had Tylenol or Advil in a few days, so that's good.

I haven't done much more of anything regarding Cael's birthday party in September. I've been looking for themes through websites, and I have found a few that I like. I really like the owl theme that says "Look Whoo's Turning One", but Matt wasn't too excited over it. He seemed to like the "Lil' Quarterback's 1st Birthday" theme (http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Lil-Quarterback-1st-Birthday-Party-Supplies/58027/PartyKitDetail.aspx). It has orange, green and brown as the main colors, so it would be easy to find accenting supplies, like napkins, cups and cray paper. I would buy the important stuff with the theme on it, like a banner, cake plates and a big balloon. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on his party, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we do. 


Rocking on the awesome consignment find!
I finally went to a consignment store that I've passed innumerable times. They carry a lot of baby things, toys and clothes there, and get new stuff in weekly. I had seen a Little Tykes rocking cow on their Facebook page that I wanted to look at and possibly buy for $15. But when I got there, I wasn't really impressed with it because the color was faded in some spots. I didn't feel comfortable buying it for Cael. But right next to the rocking cow was an old-ish looking wooden rocking horse. It was solid with a finish on it, leather fabric for ears, oogly eyes and salt and pepper faux hair for a mane. It was $9.99, and Cael seemed to like sitting on it, so I decided to buy that one. Can't go wrong with $10! I got it home and wiped it down really well. It skeeves me out that I couldn't wash the fur, but I can deal with that. I have plans for it anyway. I really want to sand the whole thing down - which is good, because there are some rough areas on the wood - and either paint it or refinish it. I also want to buy new faux fur for the mane, and replace that as well. It will be my little project for Cael. I'm excited about doing it.


My handsome, blue-eyed boy
Speaking of projects, I really want to make a growth chart for Cael by his 1st birthday. I'm guessing by the time he's 1, he'll be able to stand without assistance, so it would be the perfect time to start tracking his growth. After looking through some websites, I'm pretty sure I want to make it out of canvas cloth. I was thinking about a wooden one, but then it's too bulky, and will be difficult to store and/or move around. You'd be talking about a 4 foot-long piece of wood, so it would be quite bulky. I found a few on Etsy, and another on a website for $25 that I liked. It would be much easier to just buy it, but I figured it would be more personal if I made it myself. I'll have to keep checking Pinterest for ideas. But one project at a time.

Cael crawled into Tyson's cage by himself.
Drying off after playing in the sprinklers
Matt's mug finally came in! Better late than never. I love how it came out! And I love the pictures of Cael.


No comments:

Post a Comment