We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Friday, June 15, 2012

Strawberry Picking!

Yesterday, I took Cael strawberry picking for the first time. We went with the local MoM group we're in. It was a little difficult to hold a conversation with a fellow MoM, but it was still fun. We were each assigned our own row (hence the difficulty in chatting) to pick strawberries. I had Cael strapped to me in the Infantino carrier, facing outwards. I'm glad I opted for that instead of the Moby - it was super hot, being out in an open field in the blazing sun. I'm glad I remembered Cael's hat and sunblock as I was heading out the door.

We got there at 10, and took a short hayride to the field behind the barn. Cael and I were done picking and on our way home by 10:45, but it was still fun. He started getting cranky, as it was interfering with his morning nap, so after I had almost a full bucket of strawberries, I decided it was time to leave. It was difficult to strawberry pick, because the bushes are low to the ground, so I had to crouch on my knees and bend forward. Not an easy task when you have a 19 pound baby strapped to your chest. It's very sad, because my thighs are a little sore this morning. Just goes to show how out-of-shape I am. But since Cael was facing forward, he would reach into the bucket I had on the ground, pick out the strawberries, look at it, and then throw it on the ground. I didn't realize what he was doing at first, and couldn't figure out why there were berries all over the ground. Until I saw him do it. I thought it was so cute - the little pip!


Cael even got to enjoy some of the berries we picked. I'm more lenient when it comes to the foods we let Cael have (with the exception of sugar/candy, and nuts). I'm not too worried about a strawberry allergy because no one in our family is allergic to strawberries. Plus, the first pediatrician said that those allergies mostly come from the pollen on the berry, and not the berry itself. So Matt let Cael have a few bites, and he LOVED it! He even tried biting off the whole berry, in which I freaked out, and Matt then started holding the berry closer to the edge so he couldn't do that. It was a great little outing we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment