We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Another Schedule Change

Today is the 2nd day in a row that Cael has only taken one nap. I think he's transitioning from 2 naps a day, down to 1 nap a day. Yesterday, he took his morning nap around 3 hours after waking up, and then didn't go down for another nap in the afternoon after about an hour of trying. So he was up until he took a bath at 7:45, sans fussiness! I couldn't believe it! And then today, he didn't take a morning nap, but took an afternoon nap from 1-3:30. We had a busy morning today, too. We went to a LLL meeting, which lasted 2 hours, and then came home and baked cookies. I was trying to keep him occupied, because I didn't want him napping at 12, just in case he wanted to take a second nap. In that case, it would throw off his entire day. So I put him in the highchair facing me and the counter, and baked cookies while he watched and played with measuring cups.

If this is the start of a new change for Cael, I'm going to be slightly sad. I'll miss his morning nap, because that gave me time to either a) nap too, if he had a rough night, b) have some time to myself, or c) catch up on chores. But at the same time, a lot of other mother's have said that 1 nap a day is a lot easier to plan your day around. I can see how that's the case, because I wouldn't be able to do anything in the morning because it would run into his nap time, and I didn't want to disrupt that. So I would really only be able to get out after 12 or so, unless I had a doctor appointment, or absolutely had to go out. And I guess as long as he's not cranky or fussy in the morning, then all will be good. We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings, as to whether or not this is a fluke, or a definite change.

No comments:

Post a Comment