We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, June 11, 2012

40 Weeks Old & Pool Time!

40 weeks old!
Yesterday was HOT! It got up to 87 degrees, and it was really sunny out. After Matt fixed the lawn mower out in the blazing sun, he decided it would be fun to jump into the pool. We also finally set up Cael's baby blow-up pool. It's really cute, and has a blow up palm tree canopy, so it blocks the sun. It's only a few inches deep, but that's all we need. We figured we'd try the main pool first, and give the new floating device I got for Cael a try. We got into our bathing suits, lathered Cael up with sunscreen, and headed down to the pool.

Pool time!
Despite the pool being directly in the sun, it was FREEZING! I was going to get in first, and have Matt hand Cael to me. But I was only able to get down the first rung on the ladder. I then took Cael, and told Matt to get in. He thought it was freezing too, and for him to think that, you know it's cold. So we decided to just let Cael play in his pool to cool off. He spent about 20 minutes in the pool, and loved it! He was splashing, laughing, and crawling around in the water. Matt even laid him on his back with his head resting on the edge, and he loved kicking his legs and splashing in the water. After 20 minutes, Matt and I were roasting in the sun, and really hot. So we decided to give the pool another shot, since we were hotter this time. I decided that the best thing to do was to just jump in, instead of ease in. So Matt helped by pushing me in, and it felt so refreshing. It was cold at first, but you quickly get used to it. We decided if Cael wasn't enjoying himself and looked to be shivering, we'd take him right out.

They're both trying to climb out
Just like in the river, Cael clung to me for dear life, but he didn't cry or complain. The water temperature took his breath away for a second, but he got used to it too. It really wasn't as cold as we initially thought it was. Matt then jumped in, and we put Cael in the floaty. He really enjoyed it, and I could see he was kicking his legs under the water. He seemed nervous, because he was just floating in something that he's never been in before, but he did really well. We spent about 25 minutes in the pool, pushing Cael around in the floaty. We didn't want him to be in so long that he would start hating it, so as soon as he started to get fussy, we took him out. He really enjoyed it, and I'm so happy that did. I didn't learn to swim until I was around 15, and I hate having water on my face at all, so I want him to get used to the water and to be at ease in the water. It was a great pool experience all around. Unfortunately, Matt and I left our phones in the house, so we couldn't get any pictures of him in the big pool. I was disappointed, but I know there will be tons more times that he'll be in the pool this summer. I'll be sure to get some good shots then.

My brother- and sister-in-law came over with B yesterday too. I texted them in the morning, and told them to bring B's bathing suit because we set up Cael's pool. So when Cael woke up from his afternoon nap, both Cael and B went into the pool together. Cael only lasted about 10 minutes this time, because he was hungry, and probably had enough of the pool for the day. It was funny to see their interactions in the pool though. B is only 6 weeks older, but she's definitely more dominant. She was pulling on Cael, and trying to poke him in the face. It was cute, and we let them be (my SIL was telling B no). They have to learn to socialize.

Cael has been doing well with lunch since his 9 month appointment on Friday. I think he really enjoys the additional meal. He's also continuing to do much better at night, too. Last night, he slept until 4am, ate and went back to sleep, then woke up at 6:45 to eat again, and then we fell asleep again until 8:30! That hasn't happened in a long time! It was awesome to get that much sleep again. I'm thankful for it. Now we'll just have to see if it happens again tomorrow. :)

9 months in & 9 months old!

Yesterday, since Cael turned 40 weeks old, I decided I wanted to take a picture with me holding him. Originally, I wanted to do a 40 Weeks In/40 Weeks Old comparison picture, but then I realized I didn't have a full body 40 week belly picture. I wanted the pictures to be similar so that it was easily comparable. I took one when I was 39.5 weeks pregnant, but you can't see my head, and it was done in a mirror. So I used a picture from when I did my own maternity pictures. I think I was about 36/37 weeks pregnant, so I was technically 9 months. It was the best picture I had, so I had to use it. My belly wasn't its' biggest, but at the same time it didn't get that much bigger. I had Matt take a few pictures of me holding Cael, not knowing that this picture would be the one I'd use, and it turned out to be a perfect comparison.

I also was able to see how I looked physically. We don't have any full-length mirrors in the apartment, and I rarely get any pictures of myself full-body. I was actually quite pleased with how thin I look. You can definitely see how much weight I lost in my face from when I was pregnant, to now. I had gained some weight in my neck and cheeks when I was pregnant, but I'm happy to say that I lost that and then some.


I can't believe I have a 9 month old!

Cousins chattin' it up!
Yummy lunch & eyes to die for!
Lounging on Mommy
Hanging out at the Nature Center Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment