We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, May 27, 2012

38 Weeks Old & Camping!!

Turned 38 weeks while camping
First and foremost - Cael can stand on his own, UNASSISTED!!! He did this while we were camping with my family, on Friday. I can't believe it! I wanted to let him feel the grass on his feet, so I went over to a nice, plushy area, and stood him up in it while holding his hands. I wanted to see what he would do if I let go, not expecting much, and he stayed there, standing! I was beside myself! My mom wasn't around, and neither was any family, so I was on my own to revel in this great milestone. There was a fellow camper a few sites down that was mowing the grass, and he saw. He said he's doing good, and that he's going to be all over the place soon. I replied with, "Oh, you have no idea!", because he is already all over the place!

Cael standing for the first time!!
5.25.12
My mom was at the country store picking up some things, and I couldn't wait for her to get home so I could show her. She was with my brother and his friend, so when she came back, she was a little cranky. I tried showing her what Cael could do, but I think at that point, he was tired from standing for such a long time, that when I tried to get him to stand, he just immediately sat down on his butt. He didn't do it, so I told my mom what he had done. I was so shocked, surprised and upset at the same time. My baby is growing up, and before I know it, he's going to be walking and talking. I wish I could keep him little forever.

Chick Magnet!
Flirty eyes
Additionally, Matt hasn't seen him stand yet. We just got to the campsite that Friday he stood, and we are staying until Tuesday. Matt and I have an agreement that if Cael does something major while I'm away with him, that I won't tell him over the phone, but instead wait to get home so he can see it for himself. I completely understand, because if Cael was in daycare, that is exactly what I would tell the daycare to do - not tell me so I can see it for myself for the first time. I can't wait for Matt to see. However, Friday is the only day that Cael has had any interest in standing. I've tried for the past 2 days, and he just doesn't want to stand. It's like he lost interest. Oh well, you know that's fine with me. If he's good just crawling around and not standing until he's over a year old, I'm fine with it!! Ha!

Friday night was rough with getting Cael to bed. It's a completely new environment that he's not used to, so it's understandable. By Saturday night it was a little better for him, and tonight he went to sleep right away. Hopefully he continues to do well tomorrow night as well, and then we go home Tuesday.

His top right lateral incisor is slow to come in. Just the tippy tip of the tooth is peaking through the gums. The tip has cut through the gums, but it has a ways to go. That's another thing that is ok with me too. He hasn't bitten me yet (fortunately!), and I hope he doesn't have plans to anytime soon (or at all).


No comments:

Post a Comment