We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, May 13, 2012

36 Weeks Old & Happy Mother's Day To Me!

My first Mother's Day. It was an absolutely incredible day, made perfect by having Matt and Cael around. I didn't get breakfast in bed, or to sleep in while Matt took Cael, but at the same time, I wasn't expecting that. Last year, when I was pregnant, I hinted that I wanted breakfast in bed, and Matt came through. It was nice. But this year, Matt, Cael and I slept in until around 8:30, when we were awoken by Cael slapping us in the face. He's so mushy in the morning, and I absolutely love it. I couldn't imagine a better way to start my first Mother's Day - waking up next to the most important men in my life.

Cael and I on my
first Mother's Day
Matt went WAY overboard with getting me gifts. I wasn't expecting much, since he said he was limited with how much he could spend on me (he gets bonuses that we have agreed would be his spending money, since he earned it). Which is fine - I never expect him to spend a lot of money on me. I would have honestly been happy with just a nice card and a bouquet of flowers. But he went well over that. He gave me 2 gift certificates, to Gap and Charlotte Russe, so that I could get myself some nice clothes that fit me. None of my summer stuff fits me because I've lost so much weight with breastfeeding. The shorts I have just fall down on my waist. I was really excited about that, and thought that was my gift. And then Matt pulled another shocker out of his ass.

Nomming on a rice cake :)
My favorite picture of Cael and I thus far
He bought me a tablet!! I absolutely love it! We both share Matt's laptop, and I'm sure he is tired of that by now - lol. By getting me a tablet, I'll use the laptop less, and have my own means to do all internet stuff. It's powered by Droid, which is also awesome, because I'm used to the platform. Ah.Maze.Ing!

You can see his teeth!
So typical of Matt, going way overboard. I was mad at him, but that didn't last long. I guess he had saved up more money than he led on that he had. The best part of it all though, is when he had Cael hand me my card. It was the sweetest and cutest thing ever. The card made me cry. Like, not just tear up, but actually cry. What Matt wrote in it just tugged at my heartstrings. I really made me feel loved and special.

So now about Cael. He is getting more active and more promiscuous with each passing week. Whenever he gets into something that he's not supposed to (i.e. wires by the tv), and I tell him "No", he just looks at me with a grinny smile. I try not to smile or laugh myself, but it's hard. He can't possibly understand defiance at this age, right?!

He loves his baths even more now that he's in the main tub. I fill it with only a few inches this way it's shallow enough that he can lay on his belly with his head up. He loves having all the extra room to swim around in, and chase after his toys. It's so cute seeing his little baby butt when he's on his belly. I'm glad he enjoys moving around the tub now. And I'm sure he likes all the extra room.

Another thing that he has started to do is pull up on me and Matt. He will crawl up to me/Matt, and hold on to the pants, and pull up. If I'm sitting on the couch, he'll crawl over, pull up on the couch, cruise over to between my legs, and grab my shirt while whining to pull up on me. He'll even pull my shirt down and claw at me. It's cute, but I can see it getting a little too much in the future.

Still no signs of more teeth. The lateral incisor looks like it's still peeking through the gums, but doesn't look like it's moved out anymore. It's just right there. And no signs of the two top middle teeth. The gums still look swollen and white, but no signs of teeth immediately under his gums.

My 2 favorite boys
For a couple of days this past week, it seemed as though Cael was turning against purees, and favoring solids/chunkier foods. He just wasn't eating for a couple of days when I offered him purees, but would gobble up real food, like toast and pearsauce or pasta. After a few days of that, though, he started eating purees again. I have to realize that I need to cater to what Cael wants if I want him to eat. I don't mean spoil him with whatever he wants, but I have to be more aware of what he wants to eat, and changes in his food preferences. Another option is that he still wasn't feeling well from his ear infection, so he just wasn't feeling like eating. We'll have to see how he does over the next few weeks.

Cael has shown a dramatic increase in his interest in food. If he sees you with something to eat, he will do anything he can to get to you. And then when he does get to you, if you don't give him any, he cries, whines and pulls at you. He'll follow you all over the house if he has to. And then if you give him some, and stop, he cries even more. The kid does love food, that's for sure.







No comments:

Post a Comment