We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shopping Big-Boy Style

So I've seen some recent pictures of babies Cael's age (from my Sweet Pea group) who have sat like a big boy or big girl in the front of the cart. So I figured since Cael has been sitting good on his own on the floor, he should be ok sitting in the cart. I figured I would try it out when I went to Walmart to go food shopping. Normally I would wear Cael in my Moby Wrap, which has been very helpful. It frees up valuable cart space by not putting his car seat in the basket part, and it frees my hands because I don't have to hold him in my arms.

I was a little nervous at first, because I didn't bring my Moby as a back-up. I was worried that he wouldn't sit, or that he wouldn't like it and start screaming and crying. And I became even more nervous when I opened up the back door of the Jeep at Walmart, and found him sleeping. I thought, "Great! Now what do I do?" I thought for a second to just forego the cart, and leave him in the car seat. But I knew once I moved the car seat, he'd wake up anyway. So I decided to start unbuckling the car seat straps, and slowly trying to wake him up. Luckily, he woke up in a happy mood, despite not taking a good nap yet at that point. I had already put the cart protector thiny (don't know what it's called) on the cart, so I just sat him in the seat part, and strapped him in.

He loved it! He loved looking around at everything, and was so well behaved. He didn't make one peep, and I loved how he would smile at me when I made goofy faces at him. Towards the end of my shopping trip, I could tell he was getting tired. He had that glassy look to his eyes, and they were red around his eyelids. He wasn't fussing, but I could tell he was on his way to dozing off. I decided to see if he would want to lay down in the seat part, and if he would even fit. So I took him out, and laid him down in the seat part. He whined a little, but only until I started moving. He held onto Sophie the Giraffe, and quickly fell asleep. He was so.stinken.cute! Very angelic. So overall, it was a successful and pleasant shopping trip. Much easier, too, with not having to worry about wrapping the Moby around me first. I have to admit, I am saddened that he is old enough to sit in the big-boy seat. He is growing right before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment