We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, November 6, 2011

9 Weeks, And It's Official...

I'm a stay-at-home-mom. After consulting a lawyer about 2 weeks ago near my previous employer, it turns out that they were in their legal right to give my job away. I'm not sure how that's entirely fair, but it is what it is. I've also applied to a hospital near my home (not sure if I mentioned this previously), but unfortunately, they're looking for an RVT tech for a vascular lab - which I'm not. That's the only board I failed, and I didn't re-take it because I really don't enjoy doing just vascular exams. They may be hiring for per diem in the near future, but nothing is definite yet.

So, I guess I'll be staying home with Cael full-time. Although it's a shitty situation that I've been put into, I do appreciate the time that I'm getting with Cael. I'm not sure if we're going to have another child, so I think it's important to spend as much time with Cael as possible. I don't want to miss any milestones.
Speaking of which, Cael has been social smiling a lot more in response to Matt and I talking to him. And you can tell that he's trying to laugh, because he makes this gasp-like noise with a smile. I'm sure he'll be laughing before we know it!

Cael goes for his 2 month shots on Thursday. Matt can't get off work, so I'll be going alone. This is fine, as I've become more comfortable taking Cael out with just me, but it's going to be so hard watching him get his shots. From what I've heard from others, his 2 month vaccinations consist of 3 injections and 1 oral vaccine. I may be thinking stupid right now, but I hope the oral vaccine is just a liquid he has to drink, and not an injection. It's probably the former, but I can't help but worry.

I think Cael is going through a growth spurt at 9 weeks. He was sleeping through the night from about 6 weeks on, until about 4 nights ago. Instead of sleeping 10pm to 5:30am like he was doing, he now gets up to eat at around 1 or 2am, and then again at around 5am and again at 7:30ish am. I really can't complain though, because I don't think he went through major growth spurts at 3 and 6 weeks like he was suppose to. I just hope it's a growth spurt, and he returns to sleeping through the night soon. I became quite accustomed to the big chunk of sleep I was getting.

1 comment:

  1. Don't fret, momma, the oral vaccine is most definitely just a liquid they squirt into the mouth. No worries :) Not sure if it tastes all that pleasant though.

    ReplyDelete