We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We Have A Sleeper!!

Bath, eat, sleep, sleep and sleep. Although I fear jinxing it, I'll still talk about it because I'm so proud of Cael. That is our new night time routine, and I love it. With the help of my mom over the last week and half, we started a bedtime routine that has seemed to stuck. At around 9, I give him a bath, which he LOVES! He cried a few times when I took him out of the bath. Then after he's dried, lotioned and dressed, it's time for his night time feeding, which is usually around 9:15-9:30. After he's eaten, burped and has sit up for a half hour, it's time for bed.

Up until last night, I would let him fall asleep on my chest, then put him in the SnuggleNest where he would stay asleep. However, last night, my mom suggested just laying him down in the SN while still awake, to just see what he would do. Well, wouldn't you know - he fell asleep on his own! And the best part? He slept from 9:45pm to 5:30am!!! Strait through, without waking up. That's 7.5 hours. We did the same thing tonight, and he's out - hopefully until the morning. I'm so happy and proud of him. But my boobs have to get used to it. After Cael going 8 hours between feedings last night, my boobs were screaming when he woke up. And leaking.

For the past week, he's slept at least 6 hours strait. This is a marvelous routine, because it means Matt and I can go to bed at the same time, which is something that has rarely happened since Cael was born. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment