We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

51 Weeks Old!!

51 weeks!! Almost 1!!!
Yes, I'm still counting weeks. I had someone comment on a picture on Facebook that they were surprised I'm still counting. I plan to stop counting weeks when Cael turns one. I'll still take tons of pictures, but probably won't share every single one, especially on Facebook. I really wanted his first year well documented, and I think I did a pretty good job of that.

Cael started doing a bunch of new things this week. Some big things too. First off, he has MASTERED climbing on top of things. Like, he can now get onto the couch by climbing on top of his walker, and then crawling across and onto the couch. I can't believe it. It only took him a day to master. This boy is going to give me a heart attack. I can't turn my back for a second, or he's on top of his toy table or his walker. It's only a matter of time before he figures out how to get up onto the couch from the ground.

Another thing he's doing, is pointing a lot more. And it also sounds like he's trying to say "that". So he'll point at something with his index finger, and try to say "that". It also seems like he's starting to understand what I'm saying more. I'll say something to him, and he'll look at me while I'm talking, and then babble something back at me, like he's trying to tell me something. It's just amazing to see the process of how he's starting to understand.

Finally, he's starting to walk a great deal more. Now that he's starting to get more comfortable, he is choosing to walk more, instead of drop to the ground to crawl. He's walked across the living room several times by now, and if he's only a few feet from something he wants, he'll walk to it. It won't be too long before he's walking everywhere.

Walking!
From walker to couch


Uh-oh, I was caught!
Mommy tried to spike my hair
Peek-a-boo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment