We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, August 19, 2012

50 Weeks Old (And Camping!!)

50 weeks already!!
As I wrote previously, Cael and I spent the last week camping upstate NY with my family. It was a lot of fun, because we also went to the Delaware County Fair several days. I love fairs, and in addition to the DCF upstate, there are also 2 more fairs coming up that we're going to. I can't wait! The (fried) food is amazing, and I definitely ate too much. I probably gained a few pounds just over those few days :-/ .

So we got home on Friday evening around 5:30, and relaxed a little. Matt missed us so much - as did we him - so it was so nice to see him and get a hug from him. Then yesterday, we had a huge family party to go to. It was for most of the people on my mother-in-law's side. There were about 50 or so people there, some coming from Long Island and Canada! It was a great party, and a lot of people who previously hadn't met Cael, got to. Some of them last saw him when he was only about 6 weeks old at my brother-in-law's wedding last October. A lot has changed since then! It was a long day for Cael, and we didn't get home until about 9:30 pm. But then he slept until 6:15 am this morning, which was nice.

Cael accomplished a big milestone today. At least, I think it's a big milestone. He walked across the living room floor!! And the best part? Matt got to witness it for himself, all by himself. I was out food shopping, since we needed it because I was gone all week (Matt go food shopping? Yea, ok!). I was on my way out of the parking lot when he texted me that he walked across the living room. I did have a pang of jealousy that I didn't get to see it, but it only lasted for a second. I've been fortunate enough to be home with Cael for the last (almost) year, so I've been able to see all his firsts. So I quickly turned excited that Matt saw it. And he was so excited in the text message. And of course, he didn't do it again today, but I'm sure he'll show off his new skills soon.

And now, a photo dump from this past week.





Cael petting the sheep at the fair
At the fair. I couldn't resist taking this picture!
Waiting for the baby show to start
On stage at the baby show.
Cael won "shyest"
Playing in the mud
Cael's and Mommy's water shoes drying by the fire
Up early in the morning, and trying to escape from the camper bedroom
Cael's foot prints
He actually fell asleep outside, with ruckus going on all around 
First balloon from the fair




No comments:

Post a Comment