We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, August 12, 2012

49 weeks old!!

Today, Cael and I went upstate to go camping with my family. The big fair is going on this week where my mom is camping, and since I couldn't go last year because of being on bed rest and so close to my due date, I really wanted to go this year. And I was even more excited to bring Cael to his first fair. Since the fair is going on all week, we'll probably be staying until either Thursday or Friday. So, there's 52 weeks in a year, right? But based on logistics, most times, there's a little over 52 weeks that make up the year. For Cael, he turns 1 when he is 52 weeks and 2 days old. That means, he is only 3 weeks and 2 days away from turning 1. Yes, I'm crazy. But we all knew that already :). 

I can't believe that in under a month, I'm going to have a 1 year old! When did that happen?? I feel like it was only last week that I delivered him. It's insane how fast time flies. Most baby books, websites, and people consider 1 year olds "toddlers". I, however, being the crazy person that I am, refuse to do so. I will be considering Cael an "infant" until he is either 2, or until I become comfortable with the idea. Besides, that's how baby clothes run, anyway. I just can't accept the idea that my Little Man is growing up. I feel like he'll be heading off to college next week.

Making a mess of a tupperware cabinet!
Speaking of turning 1, I really need to get the ball going on Cael's parties. I have all the supplies, but when it comes to food, I need to figure that all out. We'll be getting the cakes from stores, and I think we decided on getting long hero's as well. For the PA party, I have friends and family making baked ziti, macaroni salad, chicken and seafood salad, which helps a TON! We don't have a lot of money to fully cater the parties, so I'm extremely thankful for their help. With everyone helping, we will definitely have enough food. I just have to order the hero and cake when I get home. 

Cael goes for his 1 year well-visit on the 10th. I think he'll only be getting 2 shots, and possible a finger prick to check his iron levels. I was anxious to see what he weighed and couldn't wait, so I put him on a scale (in just a diaper) and weighed him last week. He weighed 20 pounds even! My little peanut. My guess is that he'll weigh 20 pounds 5 ounces by his appointment (in just a diaper). I really want to know how long he is, and what his head circumference is. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the last time his head circumference was checked was either 2 or 4 months. I was surprised they didn't check it at his 6 month and 9 month appointments, but I guess all doctors are different. Although, I thought measuring the head was standard procedure, to make sure everything in the head seems normal. Oh well. 

Snuggles for Mommy
Even though he can take several steps in a row on his own, he still prefers crawling. Which is fine by me. I guess he figures he can get to where he wants much faster by crawling. But I'm sure he will be walking in no time. He's getting braver, and more confident in himself, and is taking more steps on his own.

Another thing he is starting to do, is wanting to feed himself with the spoon. He'll reach for the spoon, scream "ahhh!", and then I'll hand him the spoon. He'll then guide it into his mouth, take the food off the spoon, and then hand it back to me for more. Wash, rinse and repeat. It really is so cute, and fascinating to see his understanding of spoon feeding begin.

My Little Man is growing up so fast..

He loves this rocking cow. Great find at a consignment store!
My favorite picture
What a silly man!! Two binks!?

No comments:

Post a Comment