We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Friday, June 17, 2011

Cael Is Perfect!

So we have a lot of updates regarding appointments. We went to the Pediatric Cardiologist on Tuesday in Syracuse, and we learned that everything with Cael's heart was fine. Perfectly fine! Aside from some "bright areas" that they did see in his heart, everything is structurally perfect. So therefore, the bright spots mean nothing, and everything is perfect. It was such a relief, and worth the 2.5 hour drive to Syracuse.

I also had a regular OB appointment today, which also went awesomely. My midwife confirmed that everything with Cael's heart looked great on Tuesday. I also gained another 5 pounds, which I guess I'm not happy about, but Matt said is great. I guess I should be gaining weight, right? Oh yea, I also passed my Glucose Tolerance test! Yippee!! And then when I asked about re-checking the lateral ventricles in his brain, my midwife said everything is fine, because there weren't any notes about it anywhere. So I don't need another ultrasound until 36 weeks. Matt and I are so happy! Of course, I'm happier and fine with them not re-checking the ventricles, because I had his brain "secretly" checked at work yesterday. They still only measured 9mm, which, although is considered "upper limits of normal", is still normal. So no more worrying for us! We couldn't be happier!

Unfortunately, I'm starting to develop mild hydronephrosis of my right kidney, which is causing some aches and pain on my right side in the back. This is a normal occurrence in the 3rd trimester, and there isn't anything they can do about unless it's causing severe pain and/or fever. It's just something I have to deal with, but it will be all worth it in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment