We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013

This Mother's Day was an awesome one. We had beautiful weather, so we made the most of it. Luckily for us, Cael decided to let us "sleep in" a little. For us, that means sleeping past 6:30. Almost every morning, Cael is awake between 6-6:30. The morning of Mother's Day, he slept until 7:30! HUGE! And it was very much appreciated and needed.

We started the day making breakfast together. We made pancakes, bacon and eggs. After we ate, we relaxed for a little bit, and then decided what we would do for the rest of the day. Since t was beautiful out, we decided to go visit Downtown. We haven't had any opportunities to walk around Downtown yet, and I was excited to do this. It's historic, and there are tons of shops within old buildings. I honestly felt like we were on vacation. I really love where we moved. 

Anyway, we walked around for a while, window-shopped, and let Cael run around a grassy area next to the river. A nice couple even took a family picture for us, which I'm happy they offered. 

It was after lunch time at this point, so we decided to go out for lunch. We were getting sushi for dinner, so we wanted something "light" for lunch. We decided to try this place called Noodles & Company. It was amazing! And well priced too! We finished up lunch, then went home. Cael napped, and we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. 

We got sushi for dinner, and that was the end of our night. It was truly a great day. I didn't get any cards from Matt or Cael, but that's okay because Matt isn't a card person. I got a beautiful necklace though. It's called a Living Locket, and we ordered it from a coworker through Origami Owl. It's basically a clear locket that you out charms in that mean something to you. I am in love with it. I got a little boy charm with a September birth stone in the belly (for Cael, obviously), a rhinestoned "M" for Matt, and angel wing for AppleSeed, and an owl because I love owls. There's also a plate that goes in the back of the locket, and it's engraved with "Mom". It's my favorite necklace because it represents the mother that I am, and those that made me a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment