We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Monday, October 1, 2012

Cael's PA 1st Birthday Mustache Bash!!

I know I'm late posting this, but I haven't had a lot of time to blog. But since I spent so much time and energy planning his parties, it's important to me to share the pictures.

We did have 2 parties for Cael, one at home in PA, and one on Long Island. The PA party was first, and didn't turn out the way I had planned in my head. First off, we had a tornado warning. YES, I said tornado warning. As well as the down-pouring rain and horrible wind. It was terrible, and I was so stressed. My good friend helped me set up the pavilion, with the table covers, centerpieces, and decorations. But then after everything was ready, the wind really kicked up, and all at once with one huge gust, the wind knocked down all the centerpieces at once, and almost ripped all the table covers off. I just gave up at that point. I ended up taking off the cover on a few tables, because they just weren't going to stay.

The party was supposed to start at 3. However, Matt (with the food and cake), my friend and Cael, who all took one car, didn't come until about 10 after. Apparently, there was a problem at Walmart, where the cake and subs came from. But everything worked out fine in the end, because guests didn't start showing up until about 3:20. I can't say I blame them.

By about 4, the rain and wind died down a lot, which made me really happy, and a lot more calm. We had about 25 people or so show up, so not as many as I thought, but plenty enough. We definitely bought too much subs, and too much cake. I got a full sheet cake, and a 1/2 sheet cake would have been fine. We also got 10 feet - yes TEN FEET - of subs, and had 8 FEET left over! Such a waste. But you live and you learn I guess, huh.

Banners
Cael's table


Centerpieces/mustaches-on-a-stick
It was pouring!!
Monthly photo banner I made
Cael just started walking right before his birthday. He was on the move!


Daddy and Cael walking
My two loves!
Mommy and Cael

Cake time!
Smash cake!


Diving right in!



My favorite cake-smash picture of all time!
Chocolate mustache favors. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment