We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Dreamed A Dream

I can't help it, but I keep thinking back on the dream I had on August 23 - the day I had my first positive pregnancy test. I had temped that morning, like I had been. After the thermometer beeped and I looked at it, I remember smiling because of the spike (For those who may not know, after ovulation, a spike can mean you're pregnant), and then fell right back to sleep. That was 4:30 am, my usual temping time. The dream I had after that was of me having an ultrasound, and seeing an 8 week baby on the screen. I was pregnant in my dream, and it was an amazing feeling.

Of course, on August 23, I wouldn't have been 8 weeks along, but it's like I almost knew that I was pregnant before I tested. I woke up later, at 7:30 and knew I had the dream, but didn't really think much of it. I had been in Cape Cod, MA since the 19th, and I was going back home that morning. It was at about 4:00 that evening that I took the home test, and got a positive result.

I don't know if I'll ever forget that dream, but the baby looked so perfect on the screen. I know it was only a dream, but maybe it was a vision of the future; a vision of our future pregnancy. I can't wait for that day. Hopefully, it won't be too far from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment