We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, April 7, 2013

19 Months Old!

March 5 - April 4

I'm not really sure where to start with this post. The problem is, that I've been so busy, and never have time to update this blog when I want, that I lose track of time. Because of that, it'll be one, two, or three weeks past when I wanted to post it! I hate that.

So where to start. Cael is doing good with soccer every Saturday. He does really well kicking the ball around, and gets along good with the other kids. He gets cranky when we try to do what the Coach has planned, because he wants to just keep running and playing. But other than that, it's going well. I'm so happy we signed him up.



Cael is actually stomping on the bubbles!
We had to miss the 3rd week of soccer (April 6), because both Cael and I were getting over the stomach flu. He actually started throwing up Saturday night of the 2nd week of soccer. He was already in bed, and about 9:30 that Saturday night, we heard him throwing up in the crib. It was everywhere! It was the most disgusting thing we've had to deal with pertaining to Cael. It was all over him, all over the bedding and all over the floor. While Matt cleaned up the puke, I put Cael right in the bath. Needless to say, we spent Easter Sunday comforting Cael and snuggling him. He threw up about 6 times Saturday night, and spent the night in our bed with a pot next to him. Over the course of the next 5 days, Cael developed diarrhea and had a fluctuating fever. By Tuesday, Cael was so lethargic, that he'd stand up, walk a few feet, then lay right down on the floor. I had Matt take him to the doctor that Tuesday, just to make sure he was ok and it wasn't something else going on. They did a finger stick to test his blood, and it wasn't bacterial, so that was good. Over the course of a month (since his last well visit), Cael didn't gain weight. He actually lost weight. But he was sick and not eating, so that's fine. He weighed in at 24 pounds 14 ounces. My poor little munchkin.

Sipping on his new water bottle after soccer
By Friday, I had developed it. I was hoping I had escaped it, but not so much. I had so much nausea and the pit of my stomach was hurting so bad. But I still got up Friday and lugged myself to work. However, I was sent home. Turns out they don't want you there if you're possibly contagious. Lol. I made it back home in perfect time, because as soon as I walked through the door, I had to run and throw up. Fortunately for me, I was better by Monday. I definitely had a fever Friday and Saturday, but I was thankful I didn't have it as long or as bad as Cael.

So now back to Cael. I don't really have any updates on him, because he's not really doing anything new. He's still not talking. But he'll babble your ear off. He continues to understand what we say to him, he just doesn't communicate back. He can now show us where his eyes, mouth, feet, nose and ears are. That in addition to belly, leg, teeth and hair. He's also started giving this new "look". I call it the "furrowed brow" look. Out if nowhere - or if you tell him NOT to do something - he'll lower his head, drop his brows, and purse his lips. It's hilarious, and we can't help but laugh when he does it. We have no idea where he learned this from, because we don't make this face (that I know of, anyway). Toddlers can be so funny.

Finally, we picked up the pictures that we had done for Easter/spring/18 months. I'm so happy with how they came out. We got a whole bunch of prints, and I can't wait to put them in frames and hang them on the walls. I'll do a separate post for them, though. He looks like such a big boy in them, that I can hardly take it.

My sweet angel






Fun at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment