We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Closing A Chapter

In breastfeeding, that is. I've started to wean Cael. Five nights ago was the first night that I didn't nurse Cael. March 14, 2013. Cael was 18 months and 10 days old. I have to say, I'm pretty darn proud of myself, and extremely thankful that I was able to nurse so long. I'm really sad, though. I don't feel ready. But I can't be selfish. I would love to just start nursing again, but I can't. Plus, I go to a work conference in Ohio for 4 days at the end of April, so I have to be weaned by then. 

These are two of my most cherished pictures of Cael nursing. Some people may think it's weird or inappropriate that I took pictures of Cael nursing. But they are precious to me, because nursing has been a huge part of my life for the past 18 months.
March 12 - A few days before we weaned
December 2012. I tried to blur my areola out.



No comments:

Post a Comment