We have a 2 year old!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Fertility/Ovulation Chart

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Little Man's First Haircut! And An Awesome Visitor!

Or rather, hair"trim". Yes, I had to cave. The hair was just hanging over his ears too much, and it was annoying Cael. He would keep pulling at it. So it was time to cut his hair. But who should I have cut it? Duh! Sadie, of course! I knew she'd be upset if I had anyone else give him his first haircut, so I put it off until we saw her again. Which just happened to be this weekend. :)

She came down to visit Saturday, and stayed until today, Sunday morning. It was so awesome seeing her for the weekend. We just vegged out Friday night after I got home from work, and then relaxed most of Saturday until the afternoon. However, she colored and cut my hair late Saturday morning, which was well overdue. We went to Central Park (unlike the one in NYC, this CP has TONS of stores) and went to Babies R' Us, and then went and ate a late lunch at Logan's Roadhouse. Yum! We came home, Matt went to the gym, and Sadie, Cael and I just hung out. We did my nails last night, and then she left early this morning. Definitely a full-on girls weekend, complete with hair and nails. I couldn't have asked for more.

You can see here how long his hair
 was over his ears, and on the top.
Saturday morning is also when she trimmed Cael's hair. We wanted to do it before his nap, so he was the least cranky. Now, there has been a huge debate among Matt, my mom, Matt's mom, Sadie and myself: To leave, or cut Cael's single curl on the back of his head. I wanted it left alone, along with my mom and Laureen. Matt and Sadie said it should come off. I knew once we cut it, he wouldn't get another. And I'm not quite ready to get rid of it yet. Yes, I have issues. Tell me something I don't already know. Hey, it took me a while to accept the fact that we traded in the infant seat for a 3-in-1 seat. Don't judge me! So when it came down to it, I won. However, now Matt claims that Cael has a mullet, but I assure you he doesn't. No child of mine will have a mullet. So Sadie trimmed around his ears, and took a little off the top, but not too much so that it wouldn't look like a mullet with the hair still long-ish in the back.
You can't tell here, but Cael was not happy. And, of course, I saved what I could in a baggie.

It's amazing that even cutting such a little amount of hair can change Cael's appearance. He does look older now. But I love that I can give him a faux-hawk  and it's not super long anymore. It looks really cute. And the curl is still intact. For now. :)

Cael's new hair-trim.
He was still recovering from the trauma of getting his hair done.
A much more cuter, yet neater faux-hawk :)
And no pointy peak of hair in the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment